Compensation Strategy &
A clear and concise compensation strategy is critical to successful plan design and administration.
We help you identify key organizational values and goals based on your compensation needs and objectives.
These concepts serve as the foundation for developing a salary administration program that aligns compensation with business strategy, culture, and resources.
Job Analysis & Benchmarking
Job analysis is the process used to identify, collect, and examine current job information.
We build a comprehensive understanding of your organization's operations and jobs by reviewing existing information (such as organization charts and job descriptions),
interviewing leadership or jobholders, managing the completion of position questionnaires,
or through a combination of multiple approaches.
The collected job data informs compensation market analysis, base salary structure design, and other talent management initiatives,
ensuring decisions are based on relevant and accurate job information.
Custom Market Analysis
Leveraging Culpepper’s broad and extensive global compensation survey database
allows us to analyze your organization’s current position
within relevant labor markets. We provide a detailed summary report of your market position for applicable pay components at the employee and job level.
Cost Impact Analysis
- Define your labor market comparators across various roles.
- Define competitive position.
- Incorporate outside data into market analysis as necessary.
- Analyze proxy statements (DEF14A) and Form 990s for peer group analysis.
Before implementing any compensation programs, it is imperative to understand the budgetary impact to the organization.
We provide a detailed cost analysis on the impact of implementing various base pay and short-term incentive programs.
Salary Structure Audit & Design
Developing and maintaining current salary structures for your organization is crucial to ensuring internally fair and externally competitive pay programs.
Using relevant market data and your organization’s compensation strategy we can:
Internal Pay Equity Analysis
- Review current salary structures and highlight areas of market disconnect.
- Update current salary structures to reflect new market rates and/or job moves within current grades.
- Create new market-competitive and internally equitable salary structures.
Effective compensation design balances internal pay equity with external competitiveness.
We provide a comprehensive summary of your organization's internal pay parity to highlight inconsistencies across employee groups.
Compensation Co-Sourcing & Support
Culpepper's consulting team can serve as dedicated compensation experts providing ongoing or ad hoc support tailored to your organization’s specific needs.
Retain direct control and direction of your compensation program while expanding your talent management resources, improving program efficiency,
and limiting dependency on internal compensation expertise. Support may include:
- Annual merit increase process and planning.
- Independent compensation reviews & reports.
- New hire offer analysis.
- Pay for performance guidance.
- Survey data submission completion.
- Merger & acquisition compensation program integration.
- Communication & implementation.
- Training & education.